I don’t know if it’s a little too late for this one but since its just the 6th day of the 1st month of the year, I guess it’s not too late….
Since everybody’s cracking on their New Year’s resolutions, I’ll give it a Lootwagon twist and instead, just do a New Year’s Lemm/Must-Have list. What can I say…a girl can dream can’t she?
1) New Laptop – Jupiter has been good to me but it’s just too darn heavy especially for travel! Case in point, my recent Cebu trip. I lugged this lappie on my Nike backpack and I ended up with a very sore back. I’m looking into a netbook that’s smaller, lighter but still packed with features. Course if it comes in a sassy color then that’s a plus! Something like this wouldn’t be too bad…
Lenovo Ideapad S10 is one of Lenovo’s newest net book series. Slim, light, easy to use. Price is PHP 27,595. Aray! Check their website for specs. Heard that it’s sibling, the S9 (photo below) isn’t available yet in local shores. 8.9inches and super lightweight. Hmmm…must be worth the wait.
Acer Aspire is also another cute option but I’ve been hearing a lot of rants about this gadget. But since Jupiter is an Acer and works pretty darn well based on my experience, I guess getting another one from the same brand shouldn’t be so bad. Check site for details.
Photos courtesy of Lenovo and Acer website.
2) Bigger make-up collection – I am seriously hoping I can grow my collection this year. Some brands that I have my eye on are:
- MAC (MSFs, pigments, lippies, blusheyeshadows)
- NARS (deep throat or orgasm blush-on)
- Nyx (lippies! such gorgeous nude colors!)
- Urban Decay (I just got new eyeliners today thanks to fellow blogger Arwen who just flew back to Singapore this afternoon! Uber thanks Girl! Product review to follow!)
- Smashbox (eyeshadows, tints, lipgloss) – I saw this Rapture Lip Gloss set in Beauty Bar Trinoma yesterday and I absolutely drooled. I have a very strong feeling these babies will end up in my kikay kit very soon. LOL.
PHP 1,500 for the whole set at Beauty Bar
Photo courtesy of Smashbox website
- Milani (eyeshadows, bronzers, blushies)
- Benefit (coming soon!)
- Stila (smudgepots, lipglaze)
- Clinique (moisturizers and beauty products)
- VMV Hypoallergenics (Just found out recently that VMV is actually a Filipino brand. Don’t believe me? Check out this INQ article or best, Google it 🙂 )
- Shu Uemura (eyelash curlers—definitely has a cult following. Why else would they make a 24k limited edition version of it? Okay I probably wouldn’t go this far…Hub will kill me. LOL.
- The Body Shop (Minerals)
- Suesh Make-up brushes (I have a feeling that it won’t be long till I get my hands on these babies too. Thanks to the 15% coupon in my BDJ planner, which by the way I mentioned in my other blog. I’m contemplating on attending one of their workshops too. Which reminds me… I need to book a slot asap before I run out!)
…or 16-piece set? Gawd…this thing intimidates me!
3) Organized Cosmetics stash – Course, once you’ve built your collection, you most definitely need quality storage. I saw something like this in Glorietta a few months back. If I remember it correctly it was around PHP 1,7oo plus.
4) Better wardrobe – My style is definitely laid back for two reasons…I do events so I’m always on my toes, plus I commute to work. So I keep dem’ sassy heels for special occasions. Daily staples are jeans, a snug top, Chucks. I don’t know if the 10 Basic Essentials that make up a wardrobe rule will actually work for me since I’m always on the go… but hey! I’m willing to give it a whirl. At least I already got numbers 1,5,6 and 8 down pat.
5) Nice Dresser – I am so lemming a nice dresser! A Hollywood star- like dresser with yellow bulbs has been sort of like a crazy fantasy of mine. Reality check…. mahal ang kuryente ngayon iha…so wag ka nang mag inarte ng pa-light bulb light bulb jan.
6) Plane Tickets – I actually don’t know where to go yet. All I know is, this year, it sure would be nice to travel more. Hmmm…come to think of it, since Hub just got granted his US Visa, that could be a sign! Hey…We never know! 🙂
Yeah…that’s about it. Sigh. Sarap mag day-dream. So…how bout you? What are your Must-Haves this year? 🙂